There are different methods for preparing different types of food items. But some food items specifically require blanching before cooking. Blanching means soaking the food item into water for some time before cooking. Blanching is basically done to soften the food item and remove the enzymes. These days, there are blanching machines available in the market which are specially used for blanching different food items.
A blanching machine is very easy and convenient to use. The food item you want to blanch is kept in the feed hopper of the unit and then it enters the drum of the blanching machine. The water is filled in the tank and then this water is heated by the steam. The water which is boiled is entered in the drum and the food item is kept in it. There is a screw arrangement which is inside the drum and the food item moves forward because of that. After the blanching is done, this food item is taken out from the drum and is discharged from the machine.
Features of a blanching machine
Although there are different types of blanching machines available in the market and all of them have different features, there are a few features which are common in all the blanching machines.
- There is a feed and a discharge hopper with covers.
- To lift the body of the blanching machine, a lifting cover is present.
- Blanching machines also have a drive system which includes geared motor sprockets.
- They also have steam fittings and steam pipelines which also include automatic system control valves.
- The main tank of the blanching machine is of octagonal shape.
Benefits of blanching machine
- A blanching machine maintains texture and flavour of the food.
- A blanching machine also cleanses the surface of the food.
- It also brightens the colour of the food.
- It also preserves the vitamins present in the food.
- Blanching machines also soften the vegetables.
Types of blanching machines
There are different types of blanching machines available in the market.
- Steam Blanchers– Steam blanchers are generally used for cutting products smaller. Blanching the food through a steam blancher takes less time than blanching food in water. The steam blancher also maintains the nutrients of the food and keeps them fresh.
- Water Blanchers– Water blanchers allow processing at lower temperatures and they make sure the treatment is more uniform. Water blanching is done from 70 degrees to 100 degrees C.
There are different blanchers available for vegetables as well as French fries and a lot of other things. The blancher you want to buy completely depends on your requirement. They make your work easy and take less time than manual blanching. You can check out other types of blanchers available in the market and which also suit your requirement. Blanchers not only save up your time but they also keep your food fresh and full of nutrients. Blanchers are also available at different prices so you have a lot of variety to choose from.